Deloitte Tohmatsu Venture Support Co., Ltd. (hereafter, the Company) recognizes the importance of protecting the personal information of individuals, such as program participants and seminar/event participants (hereafter, Personal Information), acquired through business activities that include operating the global venture creation platform which has been commissioned by the government of Tokyo (hereafter, the Operation), and handles such personal information based on the following policy.
- 1. Acquisition of Personal Information
The Company will acquire Personal Information in a proper manner and refrain from acquiring Personal Information by improper means.
- 2. Compliance with laws and regulations, etc.
The Company will comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, guidelines issued by relevant government agencies, and other laws and regulations pertaining to the appropriate handling of personal information.
- 3. Utilization of Personal Information
(1) The Company will only utilize acquired Personal Information within the scope of the purpose of utilization. When utilizing acquired Personal Information outside the scope of the purpose of utilization, consent from the individual will be sought in advance.
(2) When acquiring Personal Information, the Company will clearly state the purpose of utilization in advance, and will seek consent from the individual when changing the purpose of utilization.
(3) When implementing the Operation, the Company may contract out the handling of Personal Information to a third party. In that case, Personal Information will be appropriately managed through actions such as entering into contract with said third party regarding the handling of Personal Information and supervising the handling of Personal Information at said third party.
- 4. Sharing Personal Information with a third party
Excluding instances stipulated by law and instances of sharing Personal Information with the government of Tokyo, the commissioner of the Operation, when the Company shares Personal Information with a third party, consent from the individual will be sought in advance. Personal Information will not be shared with a third party without obtaining consent from the individual.
- 5. Sharing Personal Information with a third party in a foreign country
When the Company shares Personal Information with a third party that is in a foreign country (a country or region outside of Japan; the same will apply hereafter), it will be shared with a third party that has established a system conforming to the standards prescribed by the rules of the Personal Information Protection Commission, or will be shared after obtaining consent from the individual in advance regarding permission to share Personal Information with a third party in a foreign country.
- 6. Safety management system for Personal Information
(1)This Company will endeavor to maintain Personal Information that is accurate and up to date within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of utilization.
(2)To prevent the loss, alteration, leakage, etc. of Personal Information, the Company appropriately implements safety management for handling Personal Information that includes information security, and strives to prevent loss, alteration, leakage, etc. of Personal Information.
(3)The Company has a manager to carry out appropriate management of Personal Information.
(4)The Company regularly reassesses the efforts and management system for protecting Personal Information to strive for continuous improvement.
(5)The Company conducts training on the protection and appropriate management methods, etc. regarding Personal Information for company employees/staff, and other workers who handle Personal Information in order to thoroughly implement appropriate handling of Personal Information in the Operation.
- 7. Disclosure, revision, suspension of utilization, etc.
When an individual seeks disclosure, revision, suspension of use, etc. of their own Personal Information based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, the Company will appropriately respond according to laws and regulations.
- 8. Inquiries regarding Personal Information
Please use the following contact information to make inquiries on handling of Personal Information.
Contact information regarding Personal Information
Deloitte Tohmatsu Venture Support Co., Ltd.
Complaints/Consultation Desk for Personal Information
Contact: Asama, Matsushima