What is X-HUB TOKYO
～Tokyo to the World, the World to Tokyo～
X-HUB TOKYO is a platform that connects Tokyo with the global innovation ecosystem and accelerates the startups that will open up a new era.
This project will provide the information for capturing overseas markets, as well as opportunities for networks, mentoring, and pitches with major companies and venture capitalists for Tokyo based startups, and will support the creation of the new normal through interact between overseas startups and companies in Tokyo.
Cutting edge market information and a network of globally active innovators are essential for innovation in this new era.
X-HUB TOKYO aims to create sustainable innovation by bringing together domestic and foreign startups that are pioneering a new era with large corporations and VCs around the world which aim to create collaborations with them.
※X-HUB TOKYO is jointly managed by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC and Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).
We will create momentum for global innovation by sharing the informaton of the latest trends in overseas markets, the real-life experiences from entrepreneurs who have succeeded in expanding into overseas markets.
- Target companies Startups in Tokyo which is aiming to expand overseas, large companies and VCs in Tokyo which is aiming to collaborate with domestic and foreign startups etc.
- Number of participants 150 per session
・The latest trends in overseas markets by VCs
・Tips for success in overseas expansion by entrepreneur
・Global open innovation with overseas startups
Our target is to scale up startups globally by leveraging the startup ecosystems in North America (West and East Coast), Asia (Shenzhen, Singapore) and Europe (Germany, Web Summit).
We aim to strengthen the team, raise funds, and collaborate with local companies through online mentoring by local accelerators, VCs and CVCs and matching.
Startups with an office in Tokyo that meet the following requirements
(1) In the case of a corporation, the company must have been in business for about 10 years or less.
(2) Those who are specifically considering overseas expansion and who have decision making authority regarding overseas expansion.
※ Please refer to the application guidelines for each course for more information on requirements
(1) North America West Coast Course
(2) North America East Coast Course
(3) Shenzhen Course
(4) Singapore Course
(5) Germany Course
(6) Web Summit Course
- Number of selected companies About 10 companies for each course
・Mentoring by accelerators, VCs and CVCs, matching and pitching with overseas major companies and investors
・Participating Global online events
・Providing information on local systems and support measures
- ※OUTBOUND PROGRAM is operated by the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO).
The INBOUND PROGRAM is an online program to support the scale-up for overseas startups which is seeking to support the interactions between foreign startups and companies in Tokyo in the three business domains; Fintech, Mobility, and Life Science.
The program provides mentoring by experienced business professionals, lectures on the legal and market which is necessary for expansion in Tokyo and a matching program with major companies, VCs and startups in Tokyo.
Startups with an international office that meet the following requirements
(1) Focusing on either following business areas: FinTech or Mobility or Life Science
(2) Have a product or service that uses disruptive technology
(3) Have a concrete business plan for expanding into Tokyo
(1) FinTech Course
(2) Mobility Course
(3) Life Science Course
- Number of selected companies About 15 companies for each course
(1) Mentoring by experienced business professionals
(2) Lectures on the legal and market etc. topics necessary for business expansion into Tokyo
(3) Matching program with large companies , VCs and startups in Tokyo
- ※INBOUND PROGRAM is operated by Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu LLC.
Mar 02, 2021
EVENT｜Open for entries: Accomplishment Report Event ～ The appeal of overseas expansion talked about by senior entrepreneurs ～
Sep 30, 2020
PROGRAM｜OPEN FOR ENTRIES: X-HUB TOKYO 2020 INBOUND PROGRAM
Sep 02, 2020
EVENT｜Open for entries: How to leverage the European Startup Ecosystem
Aug 07, 2020
EVENT｜Open for entries: #1 Overseas Expansion Seminar
Jul 28, 2020
EVENT｜Open for entries: X-HUB TOKYO 2020 Kickoff Event
What Japanese Companies Should Do to Achieve Global Open Innovation...
Real Talk on Global Entrepreneurship_Getting a head start for a great success....
How to leverage the U.S. Startup Ecosystem and Overseas market strategies that Startups from Japan n...
How to leverage the European Startup Ecosystem...